Monday, February 06, 2006

S.T.O.P–you can't put two coonhounds in a del sol. . .or can you?

so last month i took Hank to get his balls whacked at the low cost neuter clinic in auburn, ne, where J-Dawg works. On the way home i got a speeding ticket (so much for the damn low cost nueter) and decided to go to S.T.O.P (Safety Training Option Program) class to clear my record. My S.T.O.P class was last Saturday from 8:30 am -4:30 pm. It's hard to believe there are that many fraffic films out there to fill that kind of time slot. . .

J-Dawg was nice enough to babysit my hounds since it was an all day class. I had just one problem.

Q: How do i transport two coonhounds for 80 miles safely in a sport, two-seater Honda?
A: Shove 'em in, buckle up and see what happens.

Suprisingly, they did great. Hank sat to the back of the passenger seat and sort of spooned Slade, who sat on the front corner panting like a nervous nelly the entire trip. But I kept thinking, what if i get pulled over for exceeding the maximum amount of connhounds you can fit in a del sol while on my way to S.T.O.P class. i left the evening before S.T.O.P and kept thinking with every passing car, I hope that isn't a cop wondering why there are three head silhouettes across my tiny car.

But for those of you anxiously awaiting my review of S.T.O.P class, I sat in the front row and read Memoirs of a Geisha in between tests. Never was asked to pay attention, thankfully, so the book helped to pass the time. But it was horrible, horrible, horrible. i'll never speed again, er, i mean i'll try to never get caught while speeding again.

No comments: