Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Roses are Red, Troy is Blue



Who doesn't love getting flowers? I know Valentine's day is a commercialized cheesy single's awareness holiday and i have NOT gotten flowerws more often than I have gotten flowers on this holiday. But still, this V-Day was fantastic because of the spectacular rose arrangement that J-Dawg sent to my office. Very thoughtful. And Daniel, if you're reading I give you some big props for those thoughtful orchids you sent to your witchy lady friend.

My co-worker Kye–who has experience working for a florist–let me know that I received a very expensive floral arrangement, which I hadn't realized. And while she mentioned this Jeff and Thomas we're standing by my desk and agreed that the flowers were very nice.Thomas said, "yeah you should walk down the hall past the bitchy legal secretary's office with your flowers because someone sent her a crappy gas station floral arrangement. Just pretend to be going to the drinking fountain to water them."
Jeff added, "oh yeah, the one who has an eye for carpeting and wood work?" (She doesn't like to acknowledge anyone associate with our lowly software company, no even a quick "hi" when passing in the shared hallway)

While this might have been funny, I decided it was too mean-spirited because it is wonderful to receive flowers, regardless of their origin. . .Troy asked me if he could have my roses to give to his wife, Sandra. He said she told him not to send her anything for Valentine's Day because it was too expensive. So get this, he didn't send anything. And then he said she called and was irritated with him. I said "Well of course Troy, what are you, a rookie?"

I like Troy alot, he's a hopeless romantic and could probably fall in love with a shoe if he put his mind to it. His wife Sandra is interesting–her hobbies include frequently calling Troy at work. It's funny because she'll first try his cell phone, which he'll ignore because he's usually, get this, busy working. So then she'll call the main office line, which I usually answer and I will transfer her to Troy anywhere from five to 15 times a day and when I do, Troy asks me to take a message because get this, he's busy working. I like Sandra and ordinarily wouldn't mind transferring all of her calls and relaying her messages but get this, sometimes I'm busy working too. Anyway, I told Troy that he could not have my flowers because I liked them. Sorry you had to sleep on the couch buddy.

No comments: