Friday, August 17, 2007

SAVE THE DATE -- August 27, 2007 (It's a Monday, not a Saturday)

I've been Jazzercising for a month and a half now and I absolutely love it. I reluctantly went to a class with a friend from work that wanted me to join (Heather). I was thinking no way, not my thing. Odly, I was wrong. This is way my thing. I love it. Sometimes I go twice a day. Today I'm going three times.

So I wanted to let you all know that August 27 is open house for the North 27th street Jazzercise facility. (Conveniently located next to Eileen's Colossal Cookies) Come on out and try any one of the classes for free.

Just so you have an idea of how much I love Jazzercise, I signed-up to babysit jazzercise kids one hour, twice a week, during classes so that I can go for free. It's not terribly expensive with a monthly pass, but really I couldn't justify it in my budget since I have a workout facility available to me at the office (but you look kind of silly bouncy around all by yourself and it is not nearly as much fun). I regularly go to the evening classes but a couple times a week I make it in for the 5:40 AM classes. The evening class demographic includes: Students (college and high school ages) and working white collar professionals. (All women but I'm hoping Daniel will attend the open house and break down some stereotypes.) We like pop and hip-hop and we wear capris and tank tops. A word of caution: The 5:40 AM class is an entirely different animal. They are a group of fun-loving 40-60 somethings that aren't afraid to embrace tight spandex on not-so-spandex-friendly-physics. (I know, sometimes I can't look away. I want to, but I can't.) They wear the biker short type spandex. You know the ones you used to wear under your umbros, except they don't wear the umbros. Note: If you try to take their spot or over-step your boundary onto their spot, look-out you're getting mowed down. These ladies take no prisoners and they like to jazzercise to the 70s and 80s music.

I recommend Jackie's class at 5:30 PM on Wednesday's. She's known as the drill sergeant and she will work you. I like her music choices also, mostly modern selections. I also really like Tria. She has a couple of evening classes 7:50, also a couple of 4:20s durring the week. She does a great job.

But here's a treat for you. This is Judy, she invented Jazzercise, and yes her head is shaped like a bullet.





1 comment:

Angela said...

yeah jazzercise! i miss jazzercising. it's the most enjoyable exercise i've ever done. i heard a jazzercise song the other day and did the whole routine for han...right on the sidewalk. he liked it. i always feel a little sexy at jazzercise even though i might not look it. i don't wear spandex yet, but maybe someday...