Monday, May 29, 2006

Crazy dog lady

My mom came to visit last weekend. She brought her dogs, Autumn (german shepherd), Holiday (boxer mix). Sid (pit bull) didn't make the trip because he's too obnoxious.

The dogs played in the yard together and the kids next door came over to pet them. My mom said "so are you known as the dog lady in your neighborhood?" I laughed, this is what my mom is known as by the neighborhood kids near her house.

"No, I don't think so, thank goodness."

But then yesterday I was filling up the lexus (no dogs) at the BP station on south and 17th. I went in to pay for my gas and the woman ahead of me in line said hi and smiled warmly. I said hi back. Then she said, "are you the girl with the hound dogs on Sumner?"

I laughed, "yeah that's me."

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

2 comments:

CëRïSë said...

The Lexus?

Karen said...

Note I said the Lexus, not MY lexus. The b-friend was out of town and entrusted me with his lexus keys. It's a nice little vehicle, I must say.