Friday, March 10, 2006

the golden touch


Last week I got some new shoes. I got them when I returned some other shoes and clothes to TJ Max. I decided I shouldn't spend money on these things that I didn't really need. So after I returned them, I checked the shoe department again to see if there were any new items–I found these awesome gold open-toe wedge heels that I really really wanted. Ellen voted no on the premise that they were gold, and wedged, and heels, (all the reasons I was voting yes). I had a bonus $20 to spend on them (that's a whole other post in and of itself) and decided that was reason enough to get them. So I wore them last week to work and got some rave reviews.

1. I got whistled at while crossing the street twice (once in the morning on my way to work by some guy in a truck, the second while leaving work by a girl in a ford focus that smells like rotten eggs—even though that turned out to be my roommate Carean, I'm still counting it).

2. Andrew Chisolm said he thought they were fabulous.

3. Today I went to ACE Hardware to get a couple of keys made. I felt the eyes of the guy behind me and turned to smile and say hello. He said hello back. I waited for my keys to be made and then when the girl came back to ring them up, he offered to pay for my keys. "Thanks!" I said.
So the shoes now only cost $17.04

See Ellen, these babies are on their way to paying for themselves.

2 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Wow. I've never had anyone offer to pay for my keys. I guess I should buy me some gold shoes!

Angela said...

that is awesome.