Friday, September 14, 2007

Spidy Sense

I sent out an e-mail to the office today:

Subject: New Staff Member

Please see attachment. I just met with him in the foyer.

This is by far the biggest spider I've ever seen outside of a petting zoo environment. I named him Spidy. (I think he is taking a dump in that picture.)

Let me tell you, I am the first to run for the (dyson) vacuum with hose attachments when I see a spider in my house. They can have the basement, but the upstairs is off limits. Yet I was so impressed with Spidy's size, I wanted him to live. I respect a spider that big. But then our IT guy removed a sandal and whacked him twice before I could suggest relocating him outside. I'm sorry Spidy. I'd like to take my shoe upside the head of our IT personnel. Note to self: Wear cleats.

2 comments:

TransformerGeek said...

I totally agree - somehow, when a spider reaches a certain size, you seem to gain a new respect. Either that, or you're too freaked out at the mess you're going to have to clean up once you step on it. Still, I always view spiders as the things that kill other bugs, so they don't freak me out nearly as much as other people. Roaches on the other hand...

utenzi said...

I love taking pictures of spiders but I can't imagine wanting to share living space with one. I've had ex-girlfriends call me up to remove them before. Like that scene in Annie Hall.

"What did you expect? Did you want me to rehabilitate it?"