Monday, May 14, 2007

Tech Support

I recently spoke with Dish Network regarding my account. I can't even explain it, too frustrating. So, for the nuts and bolts of the story: I call and ask about a mysterious item (charge) on my statement, and because there is no scripted answer for my question, I get a scripted answer to every question except mine. I cancelled my service. My current service provider is my antenna. I'm loving every minute of it. Seriously. There's too many channels out there and now that I don't have them I find that I didn't really need them after all. So liberating. I recommend it.

FOAMY

4 comments:

Daniel said...

I'm thinking about liberating my poor little tv after Lost has its season finale.

Karen said...

Do it!! I'm 100% behind you. I've been reading "I like You, Hospitality Under the Influence" by Amy Sedaris. Perhaps you would like to barrow it? It's all about entertaining. She has a section on starting clubs— perhaps we could start a cable-and-dish-tv-deserters club . . .

Ellen said...

If you start a club you have to charge admission, I think that is rule #1 for club starting according to Amy Sedaris. Plus you can also have investment jars for Hank and Slade, like Amy had/s for her rabbits...afterall, pets should earn their keep.

Karen said...

oh and by barrow, I meant barrow, not like wheelbarrow, it's not that big of a book.